Subject: Re: Could this mean a bad dongle?
From: [email-masked] (Jonathon Bowman)
To: The LightWave mailing list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 12:20:42 -0400

>On Sat, 27 Apr 1996 [email-masked] wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> Suddenly, when I try to render an animation to my PVR,  Lightwave will render
>> one frame, then I get a Dr. Watson message: an application error has occurred
>> and an application error log is being generated. Lightwave.exe Exception:
>> access violation (0x0000005),address 0 x 004633 etc. I' m using LW 4.0 with
>> the latest patch, Windows NT 3.51 w/64mb ram.
>> Does this sound like a dongle going bad? I can render one frame at a time
>> with no problem. I just rendered an 180 frame animation just before this
>> problem came up.Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>> Lorenzo
>> LVH Productions
>> 
>I have the same problem when rendering animations.  I have to turn off the
>render display options and then it works fine.  I don't have time to reload
>the software so I haven't figured it out yet.  But this is one workaround 
>I found that works.

        I've had the same problem.  I believe it's a bug with shadow
mapping.  As long as you turn off your render display, or use ray-traced
shadows instead you should have no problems.

        Jonathon Bowman

***********************************
*    [email-masked]           *
* www.ionline.net/~jbowman/    *
*     Bowman Productions           *
***********************************

--- From the LightWave mailing list <[email-masked]> --------
--- This message posted by:  [email-masked] (Jonathon Bowman)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- For information, send e-mail to:  [email-masked] --------
--- Message should include the phrase INFO LIGHTWAVE on a line by itself ---